The cool, crisp Fall days are upon us. The leaves turning beautiful colors and the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. November is Autumn at its best! It’s time to decorate with gratitude.
This is a perfect time for reflection and going within. If you don’t already do any type of meditation practice, this is a great time to start. Even a few minutes a day – close your eyes and take a few deep breaths- and go within. It’s a good way to relax – even for a few minutes in the course of your day.
Also a good time for reflection!
In the course of our busy days, deadlines, time frames and to-do lists, it’s good to take a step back and have a mini- inventory with yourself.
Take a look at your space- both inner and outer and see what works. Is there anything you want to make improvements on- what’s working well for you, what’s not and so forth? Taking time to step back and reflect helps us gain clarity about where we are and where we want to go. This is especially important to do before the start of the holiday season coming up.
With the cooler weather here, it’s a perfect time for indoor entertaining. Whether you are hosting a cozy Autumn dinner party, elaborate Thanksgiving dinner party, wine and cheese night or coffee and dessert night with family and friends, setting the ambiance for your party is the key to successful entertaining.
Decorate with Gratitude Intention:
I now set the intention to give thanks for all the beauty in my life.
Also, keep in mind that there are some fun and favorable ways to decorate and boost up the energy with your décor!
Here are a few ideas you can decorate with gratitude:
- To create an elegant Autumn look, make sure to purchase some Fall tabletop décor for your dining room and kitchen.
- Set the Autumn mood with a rich burgundy, harvest rust or toasty taupe tablecloth and a festive Fall themed runner for your dining room table.
- Top it with a beautiful harvest leaf centerpiece with candles, a glass hurricane with a large colored candle, or a vase filled with harvest décor filler items such as berries, chestnuts, acorns, mixed colored leaves and so forth.
- Gold and earth tone colors work very well in the center of your space to create harmony and wellness in the space.
- Place a large bouquet of sunflowers on your dining room or kitchen table for an Autumn uplifting vibe.
- Pumpkins, gourds, fruits and especially cornucopias are excellent energy enhancers and are reminders of prosperity and abundance.
- If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner, add in some turkey, pilgrim and pumpkin tabletop décor such as plates, glassware and serving bowls.
- Also, add creative fun novelty items such as turkey napkin holders, place card holders, wine charms and turkey-shaped salt and pepper shakers.
For a fun fall entertaining say the intention 3 times:
Thank you for the beauty and wonder I’m surrounded by in my life.
Most importantly, always be in Gratitude. Embrace time with family, friends and loved ones.
Give thanks for the special moments in your life and those wonderful ones coming!