Fall is in the air and with the cooler weather approaching, it’s a great time to make your space a cozy haven to curl up in! Restyle your home to create a warm, cozy and inviting Autumn ambiance. Add enhancements that reflect your personal style and reflect you! This best part is, you can create this cozy Autumn haven at ANY budget!
Autumn Styling Intention (say it to yourself 5 times):
I now set the intention to create a comforting Autumn space to relax in.
Here are some tips in preparing your space for the Autumn season:
- Thoroughly clean your space – wash windows, the door, the rugs, etc.
- One of the best times to paint is the Fall. The weather is cool and crisp and the paint dries quickly.
- Move around 9 things in your space to a new place to stir up the energy. Doing this monthly is great!
- Surround yourself with cozy fabrics, fuzzy shag rugs or faux fur or chunky knit throws in a rich chocolate brown, warm caramel or chic black color. These are warm, funky and add an elegant feel to any space!
Add a few seasonal throw pillows with Autumn themes or colors in your living room or great room.
- Fall is definitely in the air with Autumn scented candles such as pumpkin pie, cinnamon stick or apple spice. Pick your favorite! If you are concerned about burning candles, a great alternative is to purchase LED scented candles. They look pretty and are flame free! And for incense, Nag Champa is an excellent choice for cool, crisp weather!
- Purchase new sheets, curtains and drapes in warm, rich textures and colors and textures to welcome in the Autumn season.
- Mums are the flowers for this season! Purchase some mums and place them in a potted stand at your front door entrance or any place in your home where you love to have your plants. They create an inviting Fall feel.
- If you love to entertain and host dinner parties, make sure to dress up your formal dining room and kitchen with Autumn décor. On your dining room table, place an eye-catching centerpiece with leaves, bright candles and berries to set the mood for an Autumn evening dinner party. Or place a large hurricane glass candle holder or vase filled with vase fillers such as decorative mixed leaves, cranberries, acorns or mini pumpkins.
- Purchase fun leaf shaped placemats, as well as Autumn, themed towels and oven mitts for your kitchen.
Remember, you want to make your place a space you feel comfy in. It’s what makes the difference between a house and a home.
Repeat to yourself the following intention 3 times:
My home is a serene haven filled with Autumn joy!
By creating this cozy haven to retreat in during the Autumn season, you’ll feel nurtured and this will promote a vibration of positive well-being in your surroundings.